Saturday, April 14, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Having returned from skiing (more on this adventure later), the warm weather is a much loved surprise! I woke up this morning and that fresh scent in the air reminded me of waking up in Sydney, just a few short months ago. The planned morning run in Highbury Fields was replaced by running errands ... finally unpacking the suitcase that sat neglected since Tuesday night, sending the package I promised to send earlier in the week, Home and Away omnibus, laundry ... but the ironing will have to wait.

Realising there is an Arsenal match this afternoon, I quickly packed up and set off for the drive out to my parents' place in the country. Arriving, dishevelled after 2 hours in traffic, I found them lovingly tending to the garden. Yes, my parents ... the ultimate urban types are now almost, operative word being 'almost', country bumpkins! It has become important to have 'greener grass than the neighbours', 'better and more tasteful flower beds' and most importantly 'there will be NO garden gnomes'. The latter I am grateful for ... can't stand those things!
This brings me to my simple leisure of the day. Who knew it would be so satisfying to wash ones' car!?! Another thing I will now find difficult to leave to someone else, without automatically thinking 'Can they really do it better than me?'. Add to the existing list list ... cleaning the house, ironing...

I haven't mentioned the new toy on here yet. It can partly be blamed for my neglect of the blog. A male friend, upon finding out about it, exclaimed 'But, you DO have a new boyfriend!!!' My response ... 'That car is way too pretty to be a boy!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home