Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wet Weekend

Not quite what I imagined my first London weekend in a while ... but hey! This is London and rain is just part of the deal.

Friday night I had planned a run (didn't happen) before dinner at Kath's. I hadn't seen her in a few weeks and it was genuine quality time over a healthy salmon & asparagus dish and a small glass of Riesling.

Saturday came the much anticipated sleep in! Sleeping is right up there when it comes favourite activities, although it rates below sex it is still up there!! Followed by a stroll in the park (no run again!) and matinee of Swan Lake at Royal Albert Hall. For this I had to give up a VIP ticket to the Taste of London ... and it was unbelievable. If you imagine RAH is round and the stage was the 80% of the lowest level, all the seating tiered around it. From our high up box we could spy the impeccable patterns created by the dancers. It is my favourite ballet, and this was the first time I had seen a traditional production. I am still breathless ...

After retiring early last night I really had no excuse. This morning I was at a 9am yoga class! Battled Sunday traffic to make a 'relaxing' facial at the Urban Retreat (amazing what us, Londoners, put ourselves through for the sake of comfort), and then a late and lazy lunch with Bob and Marie. The last time I saw them was months ago, but with a little direction we covered all the major topics and can safely say we are 'up-to-date' on each other's lives!

All in all ... a wonderful weekend! Bring on the next one ... sans rain please :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home