Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What is behind a name?

An article in the Guardian newspaper from September 2003 quoted Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, defining Alpha Female as a woman who "would never get lost on the North Circular, and would look good in a miniskirt". The former I am and the latter I strive for. Or do I? ... The truth is, I rarely drive in London. I don't think I would get lost on the North Circular, but I have never attempted it without the help of the sat nav. On the miniskirt front, I haven't worn one since I was 20. I would like to, but always think I am a bit too tall and refined looking to pull one off.

So here you have it, in black and white. I am not really an alpha female, I am simply at times perceived by other to be just that. Or do I just think this is how others see me? Who knows .. Maybe through sharing my thoughts with you I'll come to some sort of agreement within myself of what it is exactly that I am. Still ... It is a pretty cool URL to have :-)

__________________

Synchronicity is the "coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related". Minky have been known to tell me to "stop trying to draw parallels". I seem unable to help myself compare between people I have known at different times and events that seem to reoccur, but only at a different time and place.

Lately I have been watching the BBC3 show Sinchronicity. Not my usual style really, but I feel drawn to it. I find myself staying up late on a Sunday night to watch it. Even though it is on replay and I can see it at a much more reasonable time the following day. Its addictive ... All that analyzing and looking at how could an event be so different if only a small detail was changed. It is strangely similar to my own life. I spent a lot of time, too much time, going over what I said, wrote, did .... you get the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home