Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bill and a bit of Gordon

I am one of those people who love cooking, but hardly ever get around to doing it. The situation is so dire that 'Alpha's cooking skills' are believed to be a myth by some! 2007 is the year I am setting out to prove them wrong.

Last Monday night I invited the lovely T and B to be my first ginnie pigs. I think a success, as B declared: "If you feed us like this, we are coming over every night!"

Started out with a Asian Chicken Noodle Salad from Bill Granger's Everyday cookbook. Fish sauce and lots of chillies, a combination I have stayed away from. Not anymore! It turned out delicious. The combination of rich marinated chicken with the freshness of mint and cucumber. Yum!

Followed by Tarte Tatin - a Gordon Ramsay recipe ripped out from the Saturday Times magazine months ago. My favourite non-chocolate dessert! Whenever in France I try to eat this every day! Surprised at how easy it was to pull off. Gordon makes it with pears, as well as apples and adds a pinch of cinnamon. Served with Green & Black vanilla ice cream!

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 19, 2007 4:29:00 am, Blogger Julia said...

The tarte Tatin recipe better be in my Inbox tomorrow morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home