Monday, January 07, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Admittedly, I have never before set myself resolutions as a fresh year approached. I probably would not have this time around either had it not have been for brunch on New Year's Day.

After the painful early afternoon wake up , we found ourselves sitting in The Park. A quiet end of 10th Ave, away from the touristy crowds which seem to have descended on to New York from ... everywhere!!! I sat there feeling sorry for myself, while others had yet to make it to bed, despite having some in on the London 'red eye' only the previous day. We ordered eggs, bacon, hot chocolate, chips ... all the things we hoped would make us feel better. As we tucked in, someone said: So what are every one's new year's resolutions?

I love peer pressure. Probably the only way I am guaranteed to do something. So here I was, with hangover, forced to reflect and think how I can improve myself. What distracted me was what J was saying ... her first resolution sounded like something that came out of my mouth. The way I would express and articulate it. We had laughed about our similarities the night before, but now this was proof. We had in fact been separated at birth! But I digress, this is a whole separate entry ...

When it was my turn to admit to my friends what flaws I was willing to address, it came out easily:

1. Be nicer to people. Work on how I put things across, with aim of sounding more amiable.
2. Eat better and exercise more.
3. Stop getting hung up on unsuitable men.

2 I had already put into action starting Boxing Day, 1 is manageable, 3 is going to be the tricky one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home