Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Electric

This is my 6th year in London and last Thursday was my very first visit to the Electric Cinema. Being a foodie and a trendifile (my new word, definition yet to be defined) I have dined numerous times at Soho House associated restaurants, but had failed to give the cinema a second thought.

It was W's idea. He named the date, booked the tickets, did all the things the perfect boyfriend would. I booked the Brasserie and ensured we were late. The latter my trademark, it seems!

The Electric Brasserie was noisy, full of trendy yuppies, service and food were mediocre. The waiters were gorgeous and friendly but a bit stretched. Forgotten water, then wine. Although they did not give away our table (despite being 30 mins late) and we managed a starter, main and a coffee in time to make the movie.

I was not ready for the cinema. It was like walking into someone's living room. Red leather lounge chairs, foot stools, bar, brownies, plenty of personal space! All for the price (or even less!!) of a regular West End bog standard cinema.

The movie Notes on a Scandal was a speedy mix of surprises and hidden plots. Cate Blanchett looked beautiful in her unusual way and Judi Dench did not disappoint. I won't say much more so I don't give it away. It left me breathless and was up most of the night examining my own friendships, or that could have been the 9pm latte ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home