Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New York in a Flash

Admittedly I did gloss over my recent fleeting visit to NYC. It all went so quickly and the mix of emotions was intoxicating. So here it is ... I am thinking of living there for a while. Better even, I have made up my mind that I want to be there for the rest of the year. Visa docs are in progress and I will know either way this time next month. Phew!! Feels good to say it (ok, write it!) out loud!!

Up until two weeks ago I was in no man's land. Thinking it may be a good career move, so I would put up with it for a while. Previous visits I have always toyed with the idea of living in NYC, and now that the very real opportunity presented itself I didn't immediately jump at it. It only took a split second for all the doubt to evaporate. The moment I stepped out of JFK and into the humid June air, hailed a yellow cab and sat back for the rush hour drive into Manhattan, I knew! I like this place too much ... and how I kept forgetting.

Later that night sitting on a rooftop somewhere in the West Village, surrounded by good friends, my mind was made up. The next few days at work, the rush of successful meetings, the endless energy of my colleagues and the overall work atmosphere only cemented the thought.

What do we think? AlphaChick does NYC ... if I may say, it has a rather nice ring to it !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home