Sunday, March 16, 2008

Glorious Saturday

On Friday night one of my glam NY girlfriends invited me to a 'mixer' event. Being a fan of American television I had heard the term but never something that I had experienced. Wearing one of my gorgeous-but-much-neglected dresses and the opportunity to check out a Midtown private members club ... the temptation was just too great. So there we were. 7pm. Immaculately turned out. The crowd although amusing could not hold our attention for too long. We dined and did the ChaCha but soon we were back in our jeans and in a cab speeding downtown. Within 20 minutes we were in a crowded house party. Ahhhh ... now this is where we should be on a Friday night. Interesting people, small world ... you know who, the impromptu strip across the road took the cake. By then both of us exhausted. Goodbyes in the rain at Union Square. Cab home.

Glorious Saturday ... Its 11am I'm awake, well rested, and out of the house. I'm full of energy for the freedom ahead. Big plans about The Container Store, unwrapping my new speakers, errands and yoga. Sitting here with a salami and provolone baguette it all sounds doable. How I long for these weekends and time to myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home