Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Date

The lead up to last night was exciting, but not in the ordinary 'date' kind of way, if you know what I mean. I was in the right mindset - show up at the appointed place/time and if he doesn't show, too bad - but I let my confidence waver from what others thought. The whole thing was we agreed to no communication beforehand and that means no confirmation of impending date! All of a sudden on Monday night I was filled with dread - What if he doesn't show? Would my ego survive?

He did end up sending a text on the day and later it turned out the exact same thing happened to him ... a friend's doubt that I would fail to hold up my end of the bargain pushed him to break the Mexican standoff ... how funny!

I planned to be early (I am officially the worst time keeper), but of course was 15 mins late. He had been through the usual routine of turning up early, getting a drink at the bar, checking the dinner reservation (interesting, since he didn't know my last name), and getting increasingly paranoid. When I turned up he half had the thought of calling me to say he is late and running home to change ... You see we were dressed the same!

That's right! We were his/hers black and white outfits ala Posh and Becs in their blissful first years of marriage, pre-Rebecca Loos.

The date was 'different'. I remember laughing a lot. Conversation was light and fun, with a bit of meaningful facts sprinkled throughout. It was just right. I think I may see him again.

The Chef was on my mind thought. Oh, I keep forgetting. I must tell you about The Chef!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:20:00 pm, Blogger Julia said...

We were his/hers black and white outfits ala Posh and Becs in their blissful first years of marriage, pre-Rebecca Loos. That is one of the funniest things I've read in a loooooong time! Hahahahahaha!

And um, yea, who IS this Chef! Spill girlfriend!

Sounds like a lovely date babe, happy for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home