Monday, November 13, 2006

State of Delirium and Random Thoughts

Slightly delirious in the previous post. You see I have spent the last two days holed up in my flat with a stomach bug. It started out with a dizzy spell at dinner on Saturday night, leading to a very early night. The next 24 hours were a blur. I recall waking up a few times, nightmares and next thing I know its 2 pm on Sunday. I am staring at the alarm clock rubbing my eyes. What is that heavy feeling in my head? Why can't I lift my head off the pillow? That would be fever!

Eventually I managed to get out of bed, shower and move to the sofa. This is where the previous post would make sense. Wow! I think in the last 48 hours I have received my money's worth from my Cable TV provider. There is so much stuff you can watch, all day, every day. And the TV ... well the TV... the sound, the colours ... Perfection! There is that delirium again.

In my many hours of semi consciousness I had all kinds of random thoughts entering and leaving my mind unexpectedly. One of them was a fantasy that I had someone taking care of me. This is one downside of the fabulous single life, when you are in the dumps you are usually alone. Thankfully I have had zero appetite and the 'no food in house' situation hasn't been a problem. But still it would have been lovely to have someone at my side assuring me that tomorrow it would all be better. I then indulged in reviewing my recent (last 5 years) lovers and their suitability for this task. The conclusion was that they are all the selfish type and wouldn't qualify anyway. Satisfied I passed out for yet another nap! Unlike many of the other random thoughts, this one was remembered and when I woke up I had a intuitive idea. Maybe I should really look seriously at the kind of guys I pick. One of these days I may actually need to rely on one of them ...

Eventually by earlier this evening I was feeling much better. At this time bored out of my mind, but still weary of leaving the flat. I managed to amuse myself with ironing! IRONING!?! That is my least favourite bit of housework! And I am not a fan of any of it! You know how some people like cleaning ... well, I'm not one of them! I'm definitely going to work tomorrow (even if it means getting high on paracetamol), before I find something else which needs to be ironed!!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:21:00 pm, Blogger Julia said...

Yea, I have that fantasy too, when I'm sick and wonder who would have properly looked after me? None! I love looking after people when they are sick - you bring them chicken soup (store-bought, from the French deli) and it's the best thing in the world! Not hard people.

Life is too short to iron. That's what dry cleaners are for. I hate cleaning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home