Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fifteen

A much anticipated visit to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen. A fitting location, set back from a busy road, a few streets away from buzzy Hoxton Square. Although I had walked past it on many occasions over the years, the inside still took me by surprise. The upstairs Tratoria had a welcoming warm feel, with tapas plates greeting you at the door. I almost wanted to reach and grab a marinated artichoke. The restaurant was downstairs and ultra modern. It reminded me of Sketch, but more down to earth and real. Clean lines and lots of mirrors. The open kitchen a feature on both levels. Sadly, Jamie wasn't there ...

The occasion, you ask? My dear colleagues took me there as a belated birthday pressie!! I LOVE pressies!!

We had the 6 course Tasting Menu. Everything was fab, just not memorable. The cuisine I would place at Modern Italian and some of the flavours did not make sense. Don't get me wrong I am a Heston fan and very much adventurous when it comes to food! While everything tonight was good, it is not a meal which will stick in my mind in many years to come. Maybe I'm just spoilt!

What was memorable was the company! These girls are hilarious. We started off with covering the office gossip and then moved on to our current dating stories. The highlights:
  • performance anxiety and how he never wants to talk about it!!
  • new word for slut - party treat (love that one!!)
  • Is it ok to date the friends of the guy you like, even you do like them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home