Friday, December 01, 2006

My Gran and Coffee

My Gran is here for her annual Christmas visit. I did not get a chance to see her this summer so decided to take a week off now for some quality time. Plus I have opted for a Sydney Christmas this year and will miss the family celebrations.

Must say she is indeed very pleasant company and I never cease to be amazed at how worldly she is. There are always new stories to tell, I love sharing bit of my life with her and always appreciate her advice.

We are spending a few days in London. The usual fare is West End musicals, but the Mozart Concert was only a few days back so we've skipped that part. What is always on the menu is coffee. I only started drinking coffee religiously about 4 years ago, until then different family members used to joke that I was adopted. The thing is, I come from a long line of coffee connoisseurs. Nana keeps that tradition well and alive. Despite high blood pressure - 'I take medicine for that' she says - there are always two coffees a day. Mum tried to wean her on to decaf a few years back and she would not have any of it.

I know, as long as there is quality coffee involved the day will be a success.
  • Yesterday we had a late lunch at Gallipoli, followed by turkish coffee.
  • This morning we made our way to the Monmouth Coffee Company at Borough Market. Flat white with a side of fresh cream truffle. Yum!
  • Tomorrow I am thinking a mid morning latte at Ottolenghi

3 Comments:

At Sunday, December 03, 2006 4:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite coffee in Upper Street is at Tinderbox.
organic..tasy..and the people are really well trained.

Favourite coffee in West End is The Providores in Marylebone High Street (New Zealanders and Ozzies are very serious about their caffeine)

x

 
At Sunday, December 03, 2006 5:27:00 pm, Blogger AlphaChick said...

I love Tinderbox as well, its just that Ottolenghi have better cakes which I like to look at (ok sometimes eat) :-)

Will have to try The Providores.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 7:19:00 pm, Blogger Julia said...

Another jinx - I watched a cooking show this weekend with the chef from The Providores.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home