Thursday, November 23, 2006

Brighton 10k Race


I am not one that is difficult to convince that Brighton is the best place for a relaxed Sunday. The occasion? One of my favorite people was running in the Brighton 10k last Sunday, and we were there to support (point and laugh) Patsy style ;-)



At 8.30am following a 3.00am finish the previous night, I boarded a train at Victoria, surprising myself and all those who know me. I was feeling good. A gorgeous, sunny, crisp winter's day.



The race was great to watch, and the favourite person did the course in 51 minutes, looking fabulous. Hoorah!


The rest of the afternoon was spent over lunch at the Ginger Man Restaurant at Drakes of Brighton (the hotel we wanted to stay at on the last Brighton Girl's Weekend). The hotel although fantastic, is not me. The choice we made was much more up my alley.

Lunch was traditional with a modern twist. I started with a salt beef salad - more beef than salad. The traditional Sunday roast came with the best Yorkshire pudding I have ever had. The cheese plate which came next was too good to miss in favour of a sweet desert. Plus there are always truffles on offer with the coffee :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home