Monday, October 15, 2007

Ahh .. It's My Birthday

I always get excited like a little girl. I love the fuss! Wonder at what age that will cease. I hope never ... On the day it poured rain like I have not seen since Sydney. According to superstition it means everything will flow like water. Throughout the day as it kept raining and Manhattan was getting flooded the smile could not leave my face. It looks like it is going to be a great year!

Being away I found myself snowed with birthday wishes, flowers and delicious cupcakes. JB, the doll that she is, ordered an assortment of delicious cupcake souffles and cookies from no other but New York Magazine's 2007 Best Cupcake selection Kyotofu. All consumed ravenously before I even thought of taking a photo. Here is one from the website, but let me tell you no two dimensional representation could do justice to the melt-in-your-mouth sensation as the first bite hits your tongue. True heaven! The Comptoir Gascon chocolate fondants have been knocked off their sweet pedestal.


K and S, the gorgeous things they are, ordered an obscenely sexy flower arrangement, designed to cause maximum embarrassment as it is delivered to the trading floor. Mission accomplished! Beautiful ....

I arrived home that evening to find more flowers from J. Thanking me for hospitality the previous week and birthday wishes in one.


Celebrations continued on Friday evening. There was a plan, which we didn't stick to. A great gathering of new and old friends, truly spectacular. Waking up on Saturday morning with a well deserved hangover and a smile ...

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:21:00 am, Blogger Julia said...

A day as wonderful as you x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home