Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Facing your inner fears

It turns out lately I have been having a few dreams, all pointing to one thing. I seem to be finally, at age 'nearly 30', facing some long harboured fears. There have been endless nights of waking up with a start, now thankfully I have moved on waking up calmly. The former meaning that I am facing my fears, while the latter that I am accepting them.

Very insightful indeed. The truth is the dreams were so real that I always concentrated on the detail. It was only after sharing the last dream with a good friend, that she pointed out I was missing what is important. It is the overall themes that count and in my case, point straight to what is going on in my subconscious mind.

Not to bore you with the detail, in a nutshell:
  • I get frightened when I meet someone I actually like
  • Despite my long history of involvement with players, that tune no longer interests me
  • My family's unconditional love is my security blanket

Seems all very simple. Why could I not just see it?

How will knowing this make me at better person? I guess we just wait and see.

NB. Caught up with M last night. We have known each other for about 5 years and have carried on a kind of a distant, sporadic friendship. According to him I seem to be somewhat 'less obnoxious' these days.

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 21, 2007 2:55:00 am, Blogger Russell Hilliard said...

New York - New Rali

 
At Friday, September 21, 2007 5:04:00 am, Blogger Julia said...

Knowing yourself makes you the best person you can be. It's as simple as that.

x

 
At Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:55:00 am, Blogger AlphaChick said...

Always sounds so simple in retrospect ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home