Friday, December 07, 2007

Me, German?

This evening having called it an early night, just coming up to midnight (in NYC that is when it all begins) I stumble into my building and sleepily float toward the lift. I impatiently press on 10 drifting in warm fussy thoughts of being minutes away from my warm bed. The day dream is interrupted as a cute (and very camp) 20 something hold the door open and rushes in. He takes one look at me and starts off on a rant about doctors. How you should not marry them, not date them, just don't get involved period. Clearly a lovers' quarrel with .. you guessed it ... a doctor. The rant lasts to the 9th floor. As he exits he turns back:

Him: Are you German?

Me: No I'm Australian

Him: Oh ... I've never met an Australian ... well ... put another shrimp on the barby ...

Winks, and stomps off.

Not sure which is more confusing. That he has never met an Australian or that he thought I was German!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home