Monday, January 28, 2008

NYC Apartment Hunt - Day 2

I had heard nightmarish stories about finding an apartment in New York City. A lot of people, not a lot of great apartments. What makes it even more difficult is the elusive brokers who stand in the way, making it in my view, more difficult for the 'lots of people' to find 'the one great' apartment for them.

So here I am, exhausted and extremely frustrated, 5 hours into my apartment search. I have seen about 10 properties and sadly all fall short of expectations. The best bit ... they are all obscenely expensive.

If this keeps up ... Islington, I'm coming back!

Then again, life is what you make it. So tomorrow when I meet yet another broker I shall be positive and smiling.

Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:13:00 pm, Blogger kelly said...

YOU ARE NOT LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!!! JM could help with an apt if you want me to ask him.

 
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:47:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apartment hunting is possibly one of the most aggravating and absurd activities you can do in New York! Don't let it get you down and don't let them push you into something you don't want... in the end, you're the one that makes a house a home and I think you rock x

 
At Saturday, February 02, 2008 5:18:00 pm, Blogger Julia said...

Good luck, you'll get there.

 
At Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:43:00 am, Blogger AlphaChick said...

Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. I found my dream apartment!! Photos coming soon ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home