Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Weekend

It was a crazy week. Work is all of a sudden very busy, and the shock of the first '5 day week' in a while was all too much. I kept myself busy. There was exercise (yes! I was shocked too!!), impromptu dinner party and drinking after work. Highlight of the dinner party was the empty bottles (2 sake, 3 wine) I encountered the following morning, and the memory of security visiting to investigate 'smoking in the apartment'.

Saturday rolled around, and yours truly woke up brewing with remarkable motivation. A workout followed by my usual stroll to Cafe Grumpy, then a Chinese massage to release the stress in my shoulders and neck. I must be getting old, as all of a sudden I am conscious of how my lifestyle is affecting my body. Judging by how much it hurt, I haven't been doing well at preserving my physical well being.

Before I knew it was 6.30pm and I was frantically trying to put an outfit together, worthy of a night out with The NYC Girls. I teamed up my Gap black 'sack dress' with grey opaque tights, these shoes (which I have worn 3 times only, since purchasing more than a year ago), and a silver knit belt. The best bit was the vintage 1950s glass bead French purse - a gift from my brother's girlfriend. It is in perfect condition and receives much acclaim on each outing.

At 7.15pm I was late, in a cab, en route to the West Village. S and I caught up over a chai tea, played with the baby*, got him all dressed and ready for his night out with The Boys and dropped him off, jumping in a cab in the nick of time. We arrived at Fig & Olive fashionably late ... of course!

The food was great, but the deafening music not so. It was like it's a nightclub, but it's a restaurant. The waitress could not hear us, and vice versa. The conversation at our table kept up for 3 hours, but most of us are nursing sore throats this morning. If weeknights means lower volume, I'll be back. If not, then C'est la vie ... there are plenty of good Mediterranean restaurants.

Walked home in those shoes, never again! Woke up today, no hangover. Workout again and spent the day being lazy. Just getting to writing a bit now and still some work I should look at before tomorrow ...

* I need to tell you about this development. There have been random entries but not much on how his arrival has challenged the way I feel about babies and lot of other things ...

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:42:00 am, Blogger Jules said...

Um yes, I am very interested to hear how you feel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home