Saturday, August 26, 2006

Second Date

Dinner on Tuesday night tickled my fancy enough to commit to a second date for Saturday lunch. It was left up to I to confirm and was surprised to feel butterflies in my stomach before making the call a few days prior. I suggested we visit the Kandinsky exhibition at the Tate Modern, thinking it was a long shot but indeed he agreed.

I of course, was late. More interestingly I had asked him to meet me half hour earlier than I had remembered, which meant I was really late! He looked fantastic. This man does indeed have a very cool edge! Red faces aside it was a great afternoon. The exhibition was interesting, except the disputed point of should we, or shouldn't we get the audio tour, and he surprised me afterwards with lunch at the Oxo Tower Brasserie. I love and go to these places, but when I guy surprised you on a date there is this extra Wow! factor. And it was very Wow! I did indeed feel very special!

Not sure there will be a Third Date. We had the ever so slightly uncomfortable 'age conversation'. Turns out he is older than I expected. The slightly creepy bit was that he thought me to be younger than I am. Yes, this is very flattering but I can't help but wonder what was going through his mind. Am I being ageist?

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:05:00 am, Blogger Doll Face said...

I need more information on the age issue.. more than 18 years older is a no-no for me. I needed to open up my age limits due to the shortage of available, interesting men out there

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:09:00 am, Blogger AlphaChick said...

The age difference is 13 years. I would not ordinarily think it inappropriate, but not sure why in this case it has caused a minor freakout. If I was truthful to myself I would admit an older guy is the the way to go. Just seem to be having too much fun with the youngsters of late! Hmm ...

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:06:00 pm, Blogger Doll Face said...

Its not wrong to have fun with the youngsters, thats what life is all about.

13 years, thats nothing. The only thing is; is he a young 40 year old or does it feel like youre hanging with your father?

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 3:57:00 am, Blogger AlphaChick said...

He is a very young 40, I would not have put him at more than 35. But since its been a few days since I saw him, I don't really think I like him much. I enjoy his company but that's not enough now, is it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home