Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What makes me happy?

Inspired by Miss Natalie's recent Deal Breakers list, I have been thinking of what it is I look for in a man. What I thought was important seems to have been thrown out of the window recently (recent dating posts). Being taken out to flash restaurants by a well dressed good looking man does not tickle my fancy ... what is wrong with me?

I think my problem is I date two very distinct types, and tend to toggle back and forth. One is the reliable, mature, very well groomed, ideal father of my children. And the other is the funky, trendy, good time guy, whom I have a ball with but always know it will have to end. The good bit is, I guess I get the best of both worlds ... I spend a few months hanging off the arm of a gorgeous guy at the latest cool night spots, constantly partying and then I get tired. All of a sudden I crave stability and quiet nights in, bring in the reliable mature one. Then a few months later I get bored and it starts all over again ... The downside is I'm constantly suffering from 'the grass is greener on the other side' syndrome.

I figured this was cycle which I would eventually 'grow out' of. So here I am a month short of my 28th birthday and no signs of budging from current dating stance.

So do I have a Deal Breakers list? Yes, but it is constantly changing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home