Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Distractions

The weekend of dates got a tad sidelined (Murphy's Law!). Both Sunday dates were postponed until the following week, very good reasons were cited! I walked into Comptoir on Saturday all ready to 'make contact' and ... he wasn't there. (But the madelaines were a much appreciated by all later that evening.)

Still the weekend was hectic, lots of laughter and booze and little sleep. Saturday night we had our neighbours gathering. Each of use prepared a course and we seamlessly moved through the whole house. All the different tastes, textures and settings made it all the more special. I was in charge of cocktails and subsequently coffees. The French and Apple Martinis went down like a treat. Safe to say everyone was jolly by the time we moved on to the starter. It all ended with discovery of the Karaoke Chanel!

This week I am distracting myself with work related travel, and luxury travel at that. Flying out of City Airport and arriving to what I would say is one of the most luxurious hotels in the world on the other side, was just the treat I needed. It is all in the small touches ... the fruit plate, the bed turned down with miniature friand on the pillow, mood lighting and tea lights in the bathroom. How could I resist a warm bath ...


Photos are a bit grainy ... I forgot the camera and had to do with my camera phone





Lake Geneva

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:06:00 am, Blogger Julia said...

Hotel looks lovvvvvvvvvely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home