Monday, July 23, 2007

Lovebox

Groove Armada live ... it had been a while. Missing them at Space in Ibiza a few weeks back ... Later I heard their set wasn't the best but I didn't waste any time in booking myself a spot at this year's Lovebox.

It has come a long way since humble festival beginnings in 2002. The 2004 version at Clapham Common was small and only the true fans managed to secure one of the 20,000 tickets. It seemed amazingly small, everywhere you turned there was a familiar face! Yesterday had some of that ... bumping into one of the randoms. That look, sky smile, followed by the mutual ignorance. Cute, I had to smile to myself.

No longer an afternoon gig, but a weekend event. As soon as you got through the gates it seemed like a proper festival. The adventurous had brought their young offspring. Lots of space, organic food, fairy floss. Carnivalle/techno dancers ... apparently the current rage in New York, that tent complete with trannies at the door ...

GR were fantantastic. Always find it amazing how they can work up a crowd in a big open space. I leave you with someone else's YouTube clip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home