Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bob in New York

After two nights away I rushed back to a hot and sticky New York City for what was to be Mum and Dad's last weekend. Bob was in town, which made it all much more interesting. We wondered around the West Village in the afternoon heat, shopping for essentials and chatting over impromptu Bloody Marys and omelettes.

Later into the humid evening we dined on the pavement at Pastis. All dishes delicious, pity I was served the wrong one at each course. Taking it into my stride I didn't complain and enjoyed it all nevertheless.

Then followed delicious cocktails at Death & Co. More cocktails and a hot dog at the secret bar. Indeed we took it for an urban myth, but for a laugh we went to check it out. You walk into an inconspicuous hot dog shop, find the phone booth, pick up the phone and the wall swings open revealing a smartly decorated bar, serving killer daiquiri and of course hot dogs.

The grand finale of the evening at the Pegu Club, after negotiating a dug up Houston St. The latter, from where I was standing in spiked heels, looked and felt like a war zone. Pleased at both me and the blue suede peep toes surviving, we moved on to more cocktails and deviled eggs. (Yes, like my winning party food!) After a neurotic moment on my side I had to admit that I did indeed 'like him' !! After that same to light we ready to call it a night. With no cabs we practically walked home. In bed by 3 am and Bob was up again and en route to the the airport at 5.30am.

Feeling a little tender the next day I joined Mum and Dad for an elaborate send off brunch. It felt a bit unreal that they would fly back that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home