Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First New York Weekend

Having Mum and Dad in town was great. Saturday was sweltering, hot and humid. Finally summer! We had an early lunch at Balthazar, a place I had always wanted to go to but missed on every previous visit. After perfect poached eggs we wondered around the busy streets of Soho, through the Saturday street markets in the West Village.

In the evening we continued our culinary exploration of the city, rather its somewhat touristy venues, at SushiSamba. According to reviews this is past its trendy heyday but we were not disappointed. Tender sashimi to start with, followed by a churrasco steak selection. I wasn't complaining. All washed down with a steady stream of mohitos. Later we caught a live blue performance in Bleeker St.

The next day I slept off the cocktails until lunchtime, and it was only the lure of a Tiffany diamond that got me out of bed. I always seem to find myself into the situation of looking for someone else's diamond ...

Wondering around midtown that afternoon it felt so familiar. Like I have lived here all my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home