Monday, December 10, 2007

Housemates

I could not be back in London without making the pilgrimage back to the place I had called home last. The big house was renovated and divided into smaller apartments and it had been this time of year two years prior that I had first laid eyes on the flat I was to later call my own. The rest of the neighbours all moved in within weeks of each other, and the casual get togethers quickly became a tradition. One that has continued and they all welcomed me back for the Christmas CG Dinner.

Recounting my first Halloween in NYC, I was describing the 'costume in lift episode'. Dressed as a devil complete with a tail, horns, pitchfork and massive fake eyelashes I got into the lift, which was full of guys some of whom I recognised from my somewhat conservative corporate job ... Just as I was cringing at the memory Gingercake pipes in:

"You should have said 'Someone press Hell for me, will ya?!?' ..."

Hilarious!!

We finish off the night with Disarono over ice, as is the habit. There are more stories to tell, but there is always next time.

Falling in through the front door, the familiar smell takes back 4 months, to a different time and place. I look around, the apartment is there but now someone else's home.

Ciao CG. I miss you x

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:28:00 am, Blogger Julia said...

Oh that's fantastic!

 
At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:03:00 pm, Blogger AlphaChick said...

It really was a fantastic night! That photo in the street ... I love it. describes it all so well

 
At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:45:00 pm, Blogger Russell Hilliard said...

I think the middle photo is when i made a lunge for the Polish bar maid with my normal panache..flair..and failure! ha ha Was indeed a fun night

 

Post a Comment

<< Home