Thursday, October 05, 2006

Birthday Check List - Updated*

Today, to my horror I realised I will be 28 in less than a week. Somehow I missed a day, and was happily thinking it was still Wednesday. Taking random days off work tends to add to this type of confusion! Although I like fuss on my birthday and I am still looking forward to that part, I have been procrastinating when it comes to making any celebratory plans. Instead I have concentrated on planning stuff around my birthday, not on the day and not birthday things (more importantly!)

So here is how I plan to treat myself pre and post birthday (list to be expanded as I please):

* Get a massage, facial, pedicure - done Franco & Co

* Pre-birthday dirty weekend - didn't happen

* See some Burlesque shows:

Lost Society (tonight) - arrived late and tickets were sold out. Boo!

Dita von Teese at Koko (Oct 15) - disappointing
It involved standing outside for half an hour. (That should teach me not to be on the guest list!). The venue is phenomenal, very sexy and perfect setting to host Dita. Sadly, something in the performance was lacking. Just seemed not very good for someone who does this for a living. Excellent night for star spotting. The paparazzi were there! K came face to face with Matthew Williamson, as I nearly wet my panties!

Champagne and nibbles with K and S beforehand was priceless. There was one moment we all considered to give Dita a miss after one too many a nibbles.

* Impromptu drinking session on actual day - fab!! Impromptu always works!!!

* See Kevin Spacey's new play at the Old Vic - beautiful! The man has amazing talent. I will go again just to be in proximity to him

* Savoy Grill with Bob and Maree
I have always wanted to sample Marcus Wareing's fare, since I am not a fan of Ramsay I figured this would be close enough. The food was just right, nothing out of this world, yet nothing dissapointing. The ambience and service, now that is something to brag about. The company, well that was in a class of its own.

We retired to the Sanderson for a drink. Being Friday night it was packed! We did secure a table outside and continued our animated chat! Maree is not a reader of this blog yet so there was a lot to fill her!


* Venetian masked ball - Wow! Better than the previous masked ball, but this one also failed to turn into an orgy. Are my expectations of masked balls too high?

Cute live band - Flirted with drummer before realising he is barely out of school. (I am having difficulty parting with my youth!). Danced like crazy, in between the four course dinner, Venetian games and the raffle, time flew by! Next thing I know we are in a taxi en route to Kinky Mambo. Another few hours of dancing and I was walking home in my sexy green number (no coat), CK heels, balancing goody bag, feather fan (gift from S) and mask! I got more than a few passing comments. Nothing nasty! I am surprised I didn't get any numbers ;)

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 05, 2006 6:58:00 pm, Blogger Julia said...

That's some niiiice pre-birthday fun you've got in stall babe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home