Monday, October 09, 2006

Planning is sometimes pointless ...

... Because things never happen as you had so carefully anticipated.

The weekend was off to a brilliant start, with a drink at Ballroom with K on Friday night. And it ended with a late Sunday afternoon coffee and cake with W. The right ingredients for a relaxing 2 days of rest. It is the in between that was unusual and a source of amusement.

Saturday I awoke with an uneasy feeling. It was the day I had set aside a few hours to see the old Irish flame. Somehow I no longer thought it was a good idea and kept thinking of the worst case scenario. It had all started as a no strings attached meeting, but as it drew nearer I felt entangled in strings! So unfair! The heart has its way of interfering. So when his call came, I let it go to voicemail. After listening to the message, this wave of relief washed over me. Our secret plans had been interrupted, by a surprise. I wasn't upset or disappointed, but relieved. The smile spread over my face as I realised I had the whole sunny day ahead of me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home