Sunday, October 01, 2006

Remaining True to Oneself

When I started this blog (not so long ago) I made a pact with myself that no matter what else is going on I would always make time for it ... and here I am already guilty! I have let work and other things keep me away from here for too long. So here is the run down on what you have missed!


Minky Goes Home
Its been an interesting few months for our friendship. We found out more about each other that we ever had thought possible! Initially it made me think our trip together had run its course, but it only made the bond stronger. I already miss the thought that our next meeting is only a few hours or days away. It is 3 months away, and I am already counting down!

Irish Update
Following an impromptu and slightly riske phone call earlier this week, I am convinced this one may be worth exploring. Although there there may be a repeat of the 'A**hole Diaries' I am confident it would be easier to handle since I am aware of the possibility. The deciding factor ... if there is good sex on the table, would I really decline? Hell no!!

Shopping Update

  1. 1. Fab flats from Next, following advice of this week's Grazia

Verdict: At £22.99 they are cheap as chips! Uncomfortable as hell. These babies are going back!!

2. TM Lewin 3 for £75 Sale

Every City Girl has a favourite shirt maker, who has a style that just fits perfectly. For me its the Lewin 'Fitted'! Having recently dropped a size in this coveted fitting, how could I resist the half price sale. I picked 3, with the best in this delicious fabric (the dark tan stripe to match the Coast silk balloonon-hem skirt, picked up at the pre-Ascoc Selfridges expedition with K).

Verdict: Definite keeper! Fabric is soft and does not wrinkle. I received a lot of compliments, and not only from the fashionistas! Downside: a much less stylish co-worker was wearing one of the same. Note to self: consider investing in having shirts made. None of the 'initials on cuff' business, just exclusive fabrics! As if!!

Food News

1. The Ambassador

Catch up with W on Thursday night prompted me to explore the famous foodie haven that is Exmouth Market. Tucked away in Clerkenwell, it is a mix of arty types and the more adventurous City boys. The allure for me, its close to home! We chose The Ambassador, a relatively recent addition which had very different reviews. It is those restaurants which intrigue me! How could it be that one person finds the same restaurant fantastic and another despicable? I don't know why but it always makes me want to go and try for myself.

The food was great! Pork belly to die for, W's grilled onglet steak was mouthwatering! Washed down with chilled Western Australian pinot noir. The trio of British cheeses was the icing on the cake. The downside, hangover the next day was reminiscent of a come down!

2. Waitrose

It has taken me 4 months to pay a visit to my local Waitrose. It had been shunned in favour of Sainsbury's and I am serious backtracking that decision. The fresh fish selection, Dorset cereals, the divine bread ... I'm afraid it is just too good to miss. In the last week I have cooked like never before. I think I'm in love!




1 Comments:

At Monday, October 02, 2006 11:06:00 pm, Blogger Julia said...

Woo hoo, spam!

I love restaurants with extreme reviews too. Glad you had a great meal.

Beautiful shirt - there's nothing quite like a great-fitting shirt, is there?

I love Waitrose! Their take-home meals are really good.

Can't wait to hear about Dylan Moran...PS how good was our message on Monday morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home