Monday, October 09, 2006

Saturday Night

Post Ikea frenzy I rushed home to change into a girlie dress and transform into my well polished self. And what a night it was! Arriving at the Sanderson at the late hour of 9.30pm, we started off with dessert - scones for me, chocolate cake for K. Then, naturally moved on to cocktails. I spotted the two guys at the end of the bar checking us out early on: one cute and tall, the other shorter slightly older. Unbelievably, it took them about another hour to approach.

The next two hours made for very interesting conversation. Turned out they were quite famous, in that discreet Hollywood producer/editor kind of way. K said she saw my body language change the moment one of them mentioned he produced Moulin Rouge (and yes the Nicole Kidman version). Sadly, Google has failed to show any evidence to substantiate this. The tall cute on on the other hand, bragged less but the trusty search engine even turned up a picture of him. Ha! I love the Sanderson. You always end up talking to interesting characters there.

At the end of the evening I walked away with the card, complete with private email address, of the less-than-famous producer promising to email him. That is a promise I am not sure I will fulfill.

Just in case you are wondering ... the quote from previous post belongs to him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home