Sunday, May 20, 2007

Unexpected Friday Night

Waking up yesterday with a terrible hangover I was still wearing a sheepish grin. Despite the embarassing culmination of the evening, which I felt the need to blog about whilst still under the influence, it was a fantastic evening.

Started out with careful planning, including a much sought after table at SJ, but things got side tracked early on. Kath and I bumped into S & N and before I knew it I was attempting to sweet talk the SJ maitre d'. Unsuccessfully indeed, as we settled for an equally trendy place across the road. Before I knew it ... an Italian white and an Aussie red were selected and I was craving burnt toast. Not sure what it was about this place, but the addictive scent of burnt toast was constantly in the air! On that note ... I don't own a toaster, purposely! Next thing I know I'm sitting in front of a bowl of cauliflower and toasted almond soup, and the toast is all around me. Happy days!

The best bit of the evening was being surrounded by good friends and the constant laughter. When we weren't making fun of each other, surrounding souls were made the victims. All in good humour of course. My ability to handle the New York dating scene came under serious question ... of course all due to the last bit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home