Sunday, September 03, 2006

Strange Conversation

Walking home last Friday night - post wonderful Japanese diner at 'new favourite restaurant' (more about this later) and a quick drink 'amongst posers' at 25 Canonbury Lane - M and I had an unlikely conversation. 'Who is most likely to kill you?'

Given that we are not the morbid type, this is an odd topic. Prompted by me being unnerved as I walked past a couple of parked cars with dodgy looking guys sitting in them. This is a regular London occurrence but this time it was around the corner of my new place. Discovering that you live in 'the hood' is never really that agreeable!

Motivated by my fear M pointed out that statistically you are 9 times out of 10 likely to be harmed by someone you already know. As we climbed up the stairs we pondered this thought and then proceeded to draw up a short list. We came up with 2 names. One who would certainly be capable of it, particularly if there was money involved (sad, but true!) and the other who was voted most likely to use poison rather than engage in a violent attack.

Hmmm ... can't say I slept very well after that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home